About the Giveaway
This is a beautiful book! Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: The Illustrated Edition is obviously a labor of love by the artist, Jim Kay.
Of this new edition, J.K. Rowling said, ‘Seeing Jim Kay’s illustrations moved me profoundly. I love his interpretation of Harry’s world, and I feel honoured and grateful that he has lent his talent to it.’
I have met many parents who like to read books with their children, and the Harry Potter series has become a quick classic. A generation of children fell in love with these books.
When I was a children’s library clerk at a public elementary school, the hardbound editions of these books were constantly cycled in and out. It didn’t hurt that each was worth a ton of AR points. You’ll never guess which one was the most popular. It didn’t even matter if the student had already read the other books–the mammoth tome called to him, the AR points dancing in his head. He could knock out his required number of points with a single book!
Harry Potter is beloved by adults, too: those who have grown from children who read the series to adults who read it again and again; adults who started as adults and retained or recovered the child-like wonder provided by Rowling’s characters. Adults sometimes feel embarrassed to talk about their love of “children’s literature.” We want you to feel free to talk about the book and the series freely.
Our giveaway is for everybody. If answering any of the question makes you uncomfortable, recognize that there are five other entry points that can be acquired. The final question might make some people uncomfortable; participate in the elements that make you comfortable!
We’ve all got our quirks; forgive our contest runner’s.
Entries can be earned via the Rafflecopter in the following ways:
- Follow us on Twitter. We need to be able to find that you are actively following us on the date we choose a winner. If we cannot find you on our list of followers on that date, we will choose another winner. (1 entry)
- Re-tweet about the giveaway. You can change the default wording, but must tweet about the giveaway in some way and include the link. (1 entry)
- Subscribe to our blog newsletter. This is a daily digest. If you already subscribe, then no action is needed: make sure you include your email address in the Rafflecopter form. You must be a subscriber at the time of the drawing. We will not use this information for any other purpose.
- Answer the following questions in the comments below: (1 entry per question)
A. What is your favorite piece of fan art or fanfic?
B. Which House would you Sort into?
C. Do you think Voldemort was a virgin? Why or why not?
*You can leave one or multiple comments and still claim the prizes for the questions you’ve answered. We won’t be picky on how it is submitted so long as you indicate the appropriate information in the Rafflecopter.
Latest posts by C Lee Brant (see all)
- The Self-Published Fantast Blog-Off Post 2: Bloodrush & The Thief Who… - February 29, 2016
- The Self-Published Fantasy Blog-off Post 1: Priest & Under a Colder Sun - January 26, 2016
- [Review] The Love of Danger by Jeremy Zimmerman - January 18, 2016